So, here I am, a freshman in college. It's not so different from being a freshman in high school. But it's not the same either. With high school you know what to expect; with college you don't. So today's question is, What do I expect from my first semester of college?
To be honest I'm not quite sure what I expect now.
I'll admit to being deathly shy, so why did I come to a college 9 hours away from home where I don't know anyone? To force myself to get over it. So when I came here I expected to be lonely and homesick. I haven't had time to be either.
I expected life to be all work and no play, gotta work hard to keep my scholarships. And, yes, there's been plenty of work, but plenty of play too.
I expected to be overwhelmed and stressed, living in a world where my choices are my own and only I can claim responsibility for my successes and failures. But I'm relaxed and it's surprisingly easy keeping up with the homework I've been buried under. So you see all of my expectations have been blown away. So what do I expect? I expect nothing will be how I expect it.
1 comment:
Marissa- sounds like you are balancing work and play nicely. Keep it up. I also went to college 10 hours from home... I know what you are feeling. Be prepared for the unexpected!!!
Post a Comment