Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I know I'm a 6 days late, but I wanted to do a small resolutions blog. I only have one resolution this year but it's one that encompasses a lot of things.
My New Years Resolution is to take better care of my self.
I mean take care of myself in every aspect. I'm trying to eat healthier, which is kind hard to do when you hate vegetables like I do, but I'm managing. I'm eating a salad everyday, cutting back on deserts, eating smaller portion sizes. Today there wasn't really anything I wanted to eat in the dining hall, that usually means I'm gonna go for the pizza. Instead I got some chicken from the deli and had a chicken salad and some yogurt. I did eat a cupcake for desert but that was a reward. Besides, I didn't eat desert at all yesterday. I also had some grapes in my room after class. Currently I'm fighting the urge to eat some queso and tortilla chips. I think I might lose...
Anyway this also includes exercising more. I haven't made it to the gym yet, but I'm planning on it. Also my roommate has the Dancing with the Stars exercise dvd. What I have been doing is taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Trust me this means something. I live on the first floor of my dorm and the kitchen/landury room is on the 4th floor and the computer lab is on the 5th.
Another aspect of my resolution is my mental health. I'm going to do my best to stop obbessing and anguishing over things that aren't worth it. I'm also trying to be more true to myself and not holding back as much.

Well wish me luck

No comments: