Friday, February 5, 2010

Gone Natural: installment #2











Well, so far Going Natural is going pretty good. The short hair has grown on me since getting it cut, especially since I've realized it's not quite as short as it seemed at first. It was a hit with my friends at school too. They were already pretty entertained by my hair, mostly because even permed it could and would stand straight up off of my head. It was quite moldable. My hair now has been likened to memory foam. They love to flatten it and watch it puff back up or just to play with it.






I've manged to find a couple of hairstyles that I like and a few that I plan on trying in the future. For the first style I took a leaf out of my mother's book and got my hair twisted. It looked good and it's fun to play with when I'm bored. My hair is so curly that if I pull and stretch out a twist, it pops right back when I let go. Very entertaining.


















Unfortuneately I soon realized that everytime I needed to wash my hair or if it got wet, I'd have to go home to get it retwisted. Major time waster. So I've taken to wearing it out with a headband. You can't really see the head band, since my hair poofs out and covers it but it's there. But you never really know. It's so moldable that If I take the headband off it stays the same for a while!!!








No comments: