Monday, September 15, 2008

Study Environment

This is possibly the best assignment for me because I absolutely LOVE libraries. The first day we had free time I went to the library to look around and I love it. One of my pet peeves is noise in the library. At my library back home they had a room called Harry's Hangout and between certain hours it was for ages 13--18 only. That's where the YA section was located and you could even check out board games to play. I'm all for the library trying to increase it's patronage but the noise levels in there were way out of bounds for a library. They yell and play music and roll around in chairs. So when I went into Mickel and heard that lovely silence I was so happy. My favorite study place would probably be on the second floor way in the back where the juvenile fiction is. It's peaceful and there's just a studious atmosphere. When studying at home or in my room I need some kind of background noise, preferably music since if the TV is on I'll want to watch it. But one of my favorite things about libraries (besides all the good books, of course) is the peace and the quiet.

3 comments:

shannonmarie said...

i like background music when i study too, although the spot in back of the second floor is also pretty amazing i know when im working on something especially difficult.

Erica said...

My favorite study place is on the second floor too, but I like studying near the windows. I also perfer music over television for the same reason.

Kala said...

I like music best because I just don't like the television at all really. I don't really like the library either though.