Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolution Plans

Here are my plans for living up to my New Years Resolution. The first part of it anyway. The first part of taking better care of myself is eating better. And by better I mean SMALLER portions of HEALTHIER foods. So far, the healthier foods hasn't been so hard. I'm thinking that Gee made an offer healthier choices resolution. I'm making healthier choices and eating actual vegetables (today I had broccoli that wasn't smothered in cheese...alfredo sauce is different right?). I'm also only allowing myself dessert at one meal a day (I know from experience that quitting cold turkey is impossible for me), and I'm drinking water at (at least) one meal a day and I drink water in my room when I'm thirsty. Eating smaller portion sizes isn't really that hard, the main problem is it means that I'm hungry sooner before the next meal. This means I need to get some healthy snacks in my room, pronto. All I have right now are white fudge covered pretzels that are so sweet they make my teeth hurt, so I doubt they're very healthy.
As far as excersizing goes I've got some plans. Zumba isn't going to work out since it happens at the same time I volunteer at the library. Unless I can change my volunteer hours, but I don't know if I can. Anyway I've found some easy but interesting workouts that I can do in my room and MSN's Fitbie. So I'll be doing some of those in the mornings after breakfast. On Wednesdays I'll be going to the gym by myself and on Fridays with friends. While I have the time I may also walk/jog around the school. And once Jan term is over, I'll be riding my bike to Spartanburg High for my clinical, that will take the place of walking/jogging and I'll probably move my room workouts to later in the day and adjust my gym schedule accordingly.
So this is my plan for taking better care of myself in the new year. Hopefully I can stick to it.

No comments: