April 6th & 8th
This week was a good week. Back from spring break (which really isn't cause for celebration) but it was still a good week. I went on Monday and Friday this week. On Friday I actually taught my lesson!! But first, Monday.
Monday was a pretty laid back day. The student's in Mrs. Hooker's class took the make up test and otherwise worked on the Victorian Period worksheet they'd been given before spring break. Aftewrads they read and discussed a poem. Then Mrs. Hooker returned their reflection papers. She is giving them the opportunity to self correct their papers. She did not make any edits only marked where there was a mistake. It is up to them to find out what is wrong and correct it.
I went to Ms. Lo's class again for 3rd period. They are in the process of reading Huckleberry Finn. First they went over the homework questions that the students had questions about and then they read together, stopping to discuss different passages.
And now Friday:
I was verrrrryyyyyyy nervous. I stumbled over some of my words in the beginning and I was quite literally shaking (thankfully Mrs. Hooker said she didn't notice). But it's a good bunch of kids, and once the discussion got gooing I calmed down a bit. The lesson didn't take as long as I thought, but lucklily I had a back up. I had the students read Porphyria's Lover to themselves and then they answered questions about the poem. I think the students enjoyed both poems, but especially Porphyria's Lover. The lesson was even shorter when I did it with second period. THey just weren't as in the the discussion. It still went pretty well. I am, however, glad it's over.
I went to Dr. Eps'/ Ms. Stevenson's class for third period. The class was doing dramatizations of mock trials for Justine (a character in Frankenstien). Aftewards they compared their trials to the actual events in the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment