Well, it's official. I am not going on the Jan term trip. I thought long and hard about it and decided that I'd be better off using my educational grant for my tuition instead of the trip. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not a little upset about this, but I realize that making hard decisions is part of being a responsible adult (which I'm trying my best to be). It was my decision and I'm going to stick by it. To make sure of that I even told everyone and had the grant money sent to the school before I told mommy so she couldn't talk me out of it. My favorite professor Dr. West was a little upset also, she said that I was the student she wanted to take the most and that if she had the money to give to me she would (though I wouldn't take it if she offered. $1400 is a little too much to just give away). And when I emailed Dr. King to let her know I had to turn down the scholarship I was awarded she emailed back saying that she was very sorry and that she didn't think there was a more deserving student. The fact that those two professors have so much faith in me as a student was a big help in boosting my spirit. I placated Dr. West (and who am I kidding? Myself too) by saying maybe I'll be able to go next year. But I know I won't have the chance. Senior year will be my busiest. I have to have taken all my major, minor, and GEP class before spring term because that's when I'll be student teaching and I won't have time for anything else.
But, to end on a non-depressing note a girl came to talk to my Italian class today about studying abroad and I wonder if I might be able to manage a summer trip??
No comments:
Post a Comment