Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Junioritis???

Is there such a thing? I don't know, but if it's real, I've got it. Lately I just don't seem to care, about anything but especially not about school. I feel like every morning it's getting harder and harder to make myself get up for class. And I LIKE most of my classes, but I have no motivation to go. And don't even get me started on my work (insert eye roll here). I've always been a procrastinator but never as bad as I am now. I find myself doing most of my work at the last minute, skimping on the readings for classes. The worst part is that I know this can effect my grade, but it doesn't change anything. For instance I now have a D in Victorian Novel, and truth be told I knew my grade was heading south, but I didn't and still don't care. I'll be happy to get a C in that class and the only reason I even want to put forth the effort is because it'll play heck with my GPA otherwise and I've got to keep a 3.0 for my scholarship. The fact that I'm feeling like this in my Junior year, when I'm so close to achieving everything I've been working for just shows that my decesion not to attend grad school right away is the right one. I am all schooled out. As far as I'm concerned my brain is just about chock full of all the education it can hold for a while. I have just enough space left for senior year. I am going to get my masters though, just not right away. Some people, I think, wouldn't understand my decision, but I'm confident that it's the right one for me. And really that's all that matters.

No comments: