Monday, July 25, 2011

Gone Natural: In Many Different Ways?

I've noticed that a lot of women who go natural later talk about how going natural inspired them to be more health-conscious, especially when it comes to things like eating better. Taking care of their hair from the inside out seems to be a big thing. It's one thing I, myself, haven't subscribed to that. Health-wise I'm still pretty much the same as I was before I went natural.

But I've realized that recently I have been experimenting with different natural type things. For instance, the other day I needed to shave but didn't feel like dealing with shaving gel...so I grabbed a bottle of olive oil (originally bought to add to hair mixtures) and gave that a try. The first time I was very happy with it (it's certainly easier to clean hair out of my razor) but when I tried it again the results weren't as good as I thought before. It worked and my skin was pretty soft afterwards but it also felt really abraded and itched like the devil later.

Then I cam across an article about the oil cleansing method as a face washing technique and I was very interested in trying it. I started for the first time on Sunday night. I'll give it a week or so and see how my skin looks and feels, but so far I'm satisfied.

In any case it's interesting to see how being more natural in one aspect of your life can effect other parts.

No comments: