Saturday, July 9, 2011
Cherished Memories
I would be the first to admit that my memory is not the best. In fact, I admit it all the time. Because of this the things that my brain deems to remember become so important to me. I can sometimes dwell on the past and...when the memories are good, I don't think that's a bad thing.
But I had a conversation yesterday that made me realize the possibility that my cherished memories are just that...mine. It never really hit me that someone might not think the moments that are so precious to me now are particularly special. Or maybe not even memorable. Truthfully I find it rather hard to believe, that the moments that held so much meaning to me may not be remembered. All I can think is how can he not remember? Those moments, may have seemed ordinary at the time, but as time moved on and I looked back with a better understanding of who I was and what I was feeling then. I realized those were moments to be treasured.
It hurts some, to realize that something so special to me is only special to me...but at the same time, I'm a little glad. Because this way there is no way the memories can be tarnished. If we talked about them now, maybe I'd find out I mis-remembered something, or that whatever I assumed the other was feeling isn't so. Maybe it's better that my memories remain just that...mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment